Book a Taxi
Anytime & Anywhere
Sandra Taxi app is one of the best on-demand taxi apps that help customers to benefit fast and comfortable rides within minutes. It won’t take much time to avail of their first ride with a smooth signup process and uncluttered UI. The user needs to set pickup, and drop-off location, select car type from available options, and then the user will get ride confirmation within a few seconds. Once the trip ends, the customer will get a payment invoice and pay the fare by cash or card. An app allows tracking driver’s location, getting fare estimation, and tracking ride history conveniently. Customers can book ride for immediate use or later. If the user is lucky enough, they can get a free or discounted ride using discount code. The best part of this app is that it’s not necessary to enter drop off location, its optional, so whenever the customer wants to stop the ride, they can do it. The amount will be calculated according to the distance of the drop off location. If a customer paid extra, they would get discounted from the next trip, and in case the customer paid less than the actual amount will be added to the next trip. Sandra taxi app contains two apps; one is for the customer, and the second is for drivers. Drivers need to register through an app by providing required documents, and if a driver wants to train by any experts, then he/she can register for it.
Our client approached Ndiema Infotech to make a taxi app where people can experience safe, swift, comfortable, and time-saving service and also can be easily synced with the movement of the car on a driver and customer app within a few simple clicks and add to that the client wanted to develop a taxi app where customers can book a ride without filling drop off location. The client’s main aim is to make an online platform that connects customers and professional drivers where customers can travel into a different area while enjoying the best transportation in a cost-effective amount, and drivers can earn extra money by riding a taxi. We developed two apps as per the app functionalities, and clients demand where customers can easily book their hassle-free taxi ride.
SANDRA APP – FOR CUSTOMERS
- Users need to register mobile numbers.
- After OTP verification, the user can register by filling other details.
- Users can log in to the app by registered mobile number and password.
- Users can view nearby taxi driver on a map.
- Users need to select pick-up and drop-off locations and ride type.
- Users can see the area with a surcharge on a map with a gradient color.
- Set Pick-up Location
- View available/online drivers with vehicle info
- Select a suitable car type
- Request for ride
- Book ride later
- Riders can decide drop-off location during the ride.
- Customers can choose the “ride later” option. All they need to do is just select pickup and drop-off location and preferred date and time, and then the customer ride will be scheduled.
RATE & REVIEW
- After completing the ride, riders can share their overall experience by giving rates and reviews to drivers.
- Users can view and edit profile details like name, image, email, and phone.
- It shows the list of completed, canceled, and pending rides. Selecting a particular ride Id will redirect users to the ride detail page.
- Your fare will automatically charge from your credit card, and your Invoices will be emailed to you.
- Riders can communicate with the driver using application in-built messaging.
SANDRA DRIVER APP – FOR DRIVERS
SIGNUP & LOGIN
- Signup with basic details
- Users can add bank details or skip it to add later.
- To avail service as a cab driver, drivers need to attach some required documents:
- Once admin approved those documents, Driver can log in to the app using registered mobile number and password.
- At Home screen, drivers can see their location on a map with an have an option to change availability status between online/offline.
- Drivers receive a ride request with all the information on that ride.
- Drivers can accept or reject a particular ride.
- Once the drivers accept the ride request, they can view and track the customer’s location and communicate with them through chat.
- Once the ride started, the driver can view the ride path on the map screen.
- Drivers can complete the ride once they reached the drop off location.
- After completion of the ride, drivers are paid a ride fare amount by cash or card.
RATINGS & REVIEWS
- After completion of the ride, drivers can share their ride experience through ratings and reviews.
- Drivers can view and edit their profile.
- Drivers can view their completed, canceled, and pending ride history.
ADMIN PANEL FEATURES
- View, add, edit, and delete partner company
- Admin can search for partner details.
- View, edit and delete rider details
- Active/Inactive rider
- Search rider
- View rider’s location in the map
- View and add driver details
- Approve/unapproved drivers’ request for registration
- Active/Inactive driver status
- Filter drivers by country, city, and car type
- Search Drivers
- Export driver details to excel
- View driver’s location in the map
- View, add, update, and delete car type details
- Filter car type by country, province, and city
- Search by car type
PARTNER VEHICLES MANAGEMENT
- Admin can verify partner vehicle details with its documentation.
- View and delete all vehicles requested.
- Active/Inactive partner request vehicle.
SURGE PRICE MANAGEMENT
- View and edit all surge prices of the predefined vehicle.
- Active/Inactive surge price
- Search by surge price detail
- Listing all the weekly settlements by an individual driver
- Export settlement list in excel file format
- View settlement summary
- Download the weekly statement in PDF format.
- Listing of all the request order based on the status.
- Admin can view summarized order details.
- Admin can assign a driver for a future order.
- Admin can edit and delete orders.
- Admin can search by order detail.
PROMO CODE MANAGEMENT
- Add, update, and delete promo code
- Search promo code
- Active/Inactive promo code
- Filter and export reports to Excel and PDF by below options: Trip ID, Driver Name, Car Type, Payment method, Rider Name, Intercity car type, City name, Ride type
When a user selects pick-up and drop-off location, the system automatically generates & sends fare estimation to the user. But, there are scenarios where single destinations may have multiple routes. Calculation of fare estimation based on the selected destination route and sending fare estimation based on selected route distance was hard and challenging. However, using some technical function of a particular class, our developers calculated the distance and managed the scenario quite efficiently.
TO DISPLAY PROPER PATH
After selecting the pick-up and drop off location, the ride request is sent to the driver. If the driver accepts the ride request, the next screen shows the entire path from pick-up to drop off. Drawing polyline over the whole course was quite complicated and time-consuming. Our development team handled this scenario by applying technical methods to draw polyline of the entire route from pick-up to drop-off.
Android OS Support:
Android 5.1 to Android 8.1
Java language using Android Studio
Android Supported Devices:
480×800, 720×1280, 1080×1920, 1440×2560
iOS OS Support: iOS 10.0 to 12.0
Development: Swift language using Xcode
iOS Supported Devices:
iPhone 6, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone X Max, iPhone XS, iPhone XS max, iPhone XR
Technology: PHP, CodeIgniter Framework
API: REST API in JSON format (CodeIgniter)
Mozilla Firefox: Min 40.0 to Max 53.0 version Google Chrome: Min 44.0 to Max 58.0 version Internet Explorer: Min 10.0 to Max 11.0 version Apple Safari: Min 8.0 to Max 10.0 version